The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) is a cross-government initiative that aims to accelerate the proliferation of electric vehicles over the next few decades. Their primary objective is to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. To accomplish this, they give OLEV incentives for home EV chargers and office EV charge points.
Grants For for installing EV charging points at residences
All evidence indicates that EV users will do most of their charging at home. To assist with this, the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme offers grants of up to £350 (inc VAT) for installing EV charging points at residences, subject to certain eligibility conditions regarding the vehicle, ChargePoint, installer, and residence.
Eligibility for OLEV grants for home EV chargers
The charging point must be compatible with an approved car, including pure electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids. A complete list is available here:
· To qualify for this OLEV grant, you must be the registered owner, have a long-term lease (> 6 months), or have main access to an electric car.
· Grants are available to installers who OLEV has approved, Trent VC are approved OLEV Grant Installers
· The installer must obtain authorization from the manufacturer of the charge point before installing their device.
You must have adequate off-street parking, such as a wall-mounted charge station in a garage or a post system on a driveway. If you do not have off-street parking, your local government may be able to assist you with charging infrastructure installation through a central government grant.
The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme award is limited to one car charging station per qualified vehicle installed at a domestic house, with a maximum of two charge points per residence. Second charge points require some additional testing by your installer to verify they do not overload the fuse board while both are operating simultaneously.
To apply for the grants, a sequence of three declaration forms must be completed. We understand that this can be a hassle, and we will take care of as much as possible on your behalf. OLEV is attempting to mitigate the danger of fraud, which necessitates using such a demanding system. However, to make matters easier for you:
Once your EV purchase is verified, we give you the necessary papers and an explanation email. The grant application is divided into 3 sections.
Installing EV charging points: Part A
You must complete Part A, which includes your contact information and addresses the eligibility conditions indicated above. You must submit proof of ownership or lease of the EV.
Installing EV charging points: Part B
Part B is the installation’s cost breakdown, which we pre-fill and approve with the customer and the engineer on the day of installation. This document will require your signature.
Installing EV charging points: Part C
Part C is the OLEV installer declaration, which the engineer must complete and sign to declare that the work was accomplished following the eligibility criteria.
Payments are made only once the award is received, so you are not out of pocket until the grant is received. We will then get cash from the grant if it is granted.
Grants For Workplace EV Chargers
Additionally, OLEV offers government funding for workplace electric vehicle charging stations under the Workplace Charging Scheme. It will contribute £350 towards the cost of each ChargePoint built, up to a maximum of twenty across all locations.
To be qualified for a workplace auto charging station installation, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an incorporated corporation, a recognized charity, or a public sector organization
- Declare a requirement for electric vehicle charging infrastructure or an intention to promote adoption among their workforce and fleet.
- Has off-street parking been reserved for employees or fleets of company cars? You must demonstrate that this parking is used exclusively for staff or fleet purposes, either through a corporate parking policy or images.
- Be willing to give OLEV statistics on ChargePoint usage to shape their future policy.
- Following a successful application, your business will receive a voucher that is valid for 120 days. Once installed, we use the voucher to reclaim the funding from OLEV.
Joju has been approved by the Workplace Charging Scheme to install New Motion and eo charge points.
The OLEV awards for home and office electric car charging points are not to be confused with the Office for Low Emission Vehicles scheme, which provides a grant to purchase a new electric vehicle, referred to as a Plug-in vehicle grant. The vehicle dealership and manufacturers administer this electric vehicle grant program; as a result, when you acquire an EV, you will have no direct access to or engagement with a government grant for electric vehicles.
Looking for quick, easy and reliable EV charger installation? Wether that be for home charge, public charge or workplace charge, Trent Vehicle Charging, OLEV grant installers are here to help. If you have any questions then please visit our FAQ page or don’t hesitate to get in touch.